Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kids Perspective

It's interesting how kids can just know how you are feeling with out you knowing just how you are feeling.
I was helping my 8 and 7 year old boys with their homework after trying to give them and my 6 year old daughter their first lesson on how to read music. I felt like their music lesson hadn't gone very good and they probably weren't going to want to do it again. It seem as though homework was going a lot better than usual and I began to think why that was so. And noticed my 6 years old voice along with my 2 and 3 years old. I felt amazed at how mature my daughter was to have gone and played with her little brother and sister so that I could help her brothers with their homework.
They sounded like they were having so much fun I soon became suspicious and decided to check on them. Heading to my daughters room I discovered they were in the bathroom not her bedroom. I knew this couldn't be good. I opened the door and found my children scrubbing the wall, my 2 and 3 year old with their toothbrush and my 6 year old with a wash cloth.
I was not happy and in my firm mom's voice asked them what they thought they were doing. My 6 year old replied "Your chores mommy so we won't be grumpy anymore." I was a little surprised and let then know I loved them I would try not to be grumpy for the rest of they day if they wouldn't do anymore chores for me.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo I am your first follower. Emma you are such a good mommy. I love your kids, they crack me up. Tell them that Aunt Renee loves them and give them hugs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renee. You are great they will be so excited you thought of them!!

    ReplyDelete