Thursday, November 12, 2009

New kind of discipline.

Since I have been under the weather for quite some time my house isn't as clean as I would like and my kids think they can get away with more. To solve both problems I have started giving my older kids extra chores as a form of discipline. It's simple things that I usually do that no one but me notices but adds up. The get to wash doors, wipe down cupboards, organize drawers or toys, and etc. It has really helped our house to stay clean and my kids get along so much better knowing if they don't then they get to do chores. You could even already have the chores written on strips and have them in a jar for them to choose and when all the chores are taken just fill it up again. It has worked great for me and I hope it might help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment